Saturday, April 4, 2009

Making Progress

I finally have had a good stretch of time to work on some things for class. There is so much to do that it is hard to know what direction to take and I feel like I am just scratching the surface of so many things. Finally "La Prensa" news updated on my Yahoo Reader. Maybe I will try to re-add Spanish Word of the Day to see what happens. Looks like the blog helped though. This week I looked more on classroom 2.0 to see what kind of technology is being used by language teachers. Wikis, blogs, and podcasts are very popular, but I still do not see this as something I can or want to do right now. some teachers are using something called Vokis, which I believe are characters that can talk. It sounds intriguing, but a little beyond my abilities right now. I have thought about Movie Maker as well. Access to computers is a really major factor as well as security for students posting online. I am starting to use Delicious to see if it could be useful for me. I do not think I can categorize the bookmarks though. I can add tags, but that is all. I did find a website at http://quizlet.com by searching the delicious site, which is another good vocab/grammar site for students. I think students (or the teacher) can make up vocabulary flashcards as well as games to practice. This would be a much better alternative for students who do not like making or using their own flashcards. I already have a score to beat for Spanish II on body vocab. What I really see is putting the useful websites on my school site, which I so far have not used. I need to go back to the instructions to see exactly how to add information. This is probably my first goal for next week after finishing my comments to the strands for this week.

1 comment:

  1. to group the tags on Delicious you have to "bundle" them. Go to Settings on the very top right of your Delicious homepage. Open settings and scroll down to "Tags". Click "Edit Tag Bundles", then you should have the option of creating bundles by typing in the words you used to tag entries. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete