Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 3 Reflection

This has been a very trying week with end of the quarter project corrections over the weekend and now I have some kind of virus I cannot shake so digging into technology has not been easy. I did manage to play some more with my Yahoo Reader page. My links were not updating and I found information indicating this was most likely because Yahoo is not very popular now and the information was not being accessed very often. The recommendation was to set up a blog such as the one I have and link it to the reader. Blogs cause lots of activity and the rest would most likely start updating. I am just now blogging so I do not know yet if this will work. I have the Pioneer Press linked up and it is updating, but La Prensa Spanish newspaper out of the Cities is not. Some sites I cannot figure out how to link up. I deleted the RSS link to my blog on Classroom 2.0 and added my link in the personal information section. I started using Delicious as a bookmark site and got some links in there. What I really need is to be able to divide them into categories for either Education/Student use or Spanish I/Spanish II/ Spanish III or all of the above. If I do this I might possibly start using this in class. I haven't had time to investigate this yet. I have taken a lot of time on the articles. Reading and doing a review online is new for me and a little uncomfortable, but I do not want to print it. I now see how many responses are in and thinking about coming up with new information and reading all of them gives me a headache. I will continue to try tonight and in the next few days. I am trying not to give up on blogging with my students, but still need more time to investigate. I did notice Pandora.com on the list and realized that I use this also in class. We use it during work time or during a review game like hot potato where a student left with the "stuffed frog" must answer the question when the music stops. I also use it to find new Spanish songs and artists. So perhaps I am not so out of touch as I had thought. I am also following Chad, Kristin and Jeannie on Twitter, which I found will update Facebook, but Facebook will not update Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment